What are you grateful for today? Everything?!?
I am so so soo excited to share this cheesy, flavorful, delicious and most importantly, healthy meal with you! It’s packed with veggies, is gluten free and can very simply be made vegetarian – perfect for #meatlessmonday. My husband and I tried it for the first time tonight and WOW, this will go on my “make all the time” list! Yumity-yum-yum- YUM!
I love this dish because it is simple and once all the veggies are chopped, it is a one dish meal! My favorite type of recipe – one and done! 🙂
Cheesy Veggie and Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Cooking spray or oil mister
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced and chopped
- 8 oz. button or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 spaghetti squash, steamed and prepared (see how: here)
- 1 large jar marinara sauce (about 24 ounces)
- 1-15 oz. container of part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat Italian blend cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1 package (4 links) Al Fresco Chicken Sausage, sliced in half and chopped (I used Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray or oil mister.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook until softened and liquid has boiled off, about 7 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Add spaghetti squash and , marinara sauce, 3/4 of ricotta to skillet with vegetables. Stir until well combined.
- Pour squash mixture into baking dish. Throw dollops of ricotta on top of the casserole and top with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.